Advantages of CNC Machining
- Streamlining the manufacturing process with automation
- Wide range of compatible materials
- High degree of accuracy and precision
- Maximized production thanks to robust, long-running machines
- Rapid manufacturing for medium to high production volumes
CNC Machining Processes
RapidDirect offers a range of CNC Milling processes to produce precise and complex parts with high-dimensional tolerances.:
- Carving Machine
- CNC Three-Axis
- CNC Four-Axis
- CNC Five-Axis
- Milling Machine/End Milling
- Gantry Milling
Our CNC Turning services ensure that our customers receive the highest quality standards. We offer a variety of methods that use a rotating metal rod and cutting tools to produced finished parts.
- General Car/Lathe
- CNC Car
- Turning and Milling
- Vertical Lathe
Aluminum is a highly ductile metal, making it easy to machine. The material has a good strength-to-weight ratio and is available in many types for a range of applications.
- 6061 T6
- 7075 T651
Brass has desirable properties for a number of applications. It is low friction, has excellent electrical conductivity and has a golden (brass) appearance.
- Brass C360
- Brass 260
- C932 M07 Bearing Bronze
Copper displays excellent thermal conductivity, electrical conductivity and plasticity. It is also highly ductile, corrosion resistant and can be easily welded.
- Copper H62
- Copper H65
- Copper H70
- Copper H80
- Copper H90
- Copper alloy special
- Acetal [Delrin]
- G-10 Garolite
- Nylon 6/6
- PTFE [Teflon]
- Alloy Steel 4130
- Alloy Steel 4140
- ASTM A36
- Stainless Steel 303
- Stainless Steel 304
- Stainless Steel 316/316L
- Steel 1018
- Steel A36
- Titanium Grade 2
- Titanium 6Al-4V
- Zinc Sheet Alloy 500
Anodization (Type II or Type III)
Anodization provides excellent corrosion resistance to machined parts, improving the hardness and wear-resistance of the surface while dissipating heat. Anodization is the most common surface treatment for painting and priming as it provides a high quality surface finish. RapidDirect offers two types of anodization: Type II, which is corrosion resistant; and Type III, which is thicker and adds a wear-resistant layer. Both anodization processes allow for a broad range of color finishes.
Bead blasting consists of blowing small glass beads against the surface of the machined part in a controlled manner. This technique results in a smooth surface with a matte texture. In bead blasting, various materials—such as sand, garnet, walnut shells and metal beads—are used to clean parts or prepare them for subsequent surface treatments.
As-milled surface finishes offer the fastest turnaround for parts. The surface finish of an as-milled part is comparable to 125 µin Ra, while the requirements can be increased to 63, 32, or 16 RA µin. Minor tool marks might still be visible on the final part.
In the powder coating process, powdered paint is sprayed directly onto the machined part, which is then baked in an oven, forming a durable, wear-resistant and corrosion-resistant layer. A wide variety of color options are available in the powder coating process.
Our CNC machining service is ideal for rapid tooling and can be used with almost any material. At RapidDirect, we specialize in the production of high quality tools used in injection molding and other tooling applications.
CNC Machining is ideal for prototyping applications for a number of reasons: it is compatible with a broad range of cost-effective materials, it produces precise parts and prototype turnaround times are rapid. We work with our customers to design and produce prototypes that meet their manufacturing requirements and quality standards.
CNC Machining is commonly used for end-use production because of its precision, high-quality finishes and broad material compatibility. At RapidDirect, we offer customers a range of end-use materials, including plastics, aluminium and brass. We also provide the option to work with custom raw materials.
RapidDirect’s CNC Services
One of the most sophisticated subtractive manufacturing processes, CNC machining is a computer controlled process wherein tools—such as drills, boring tools or lathes—manufacture a part from a solid piece of material (including metal, plastic, composites and more). CNC machining is capable of meeting high-precision requirements and of creating parts and prototypes with complex shapes and high-dimensional tolerances. Our CNC machining service encompasses both CNC milling and CNC turning.
Why CNC Machining With RapidDirect?
- Our CNC services allows you a large range of material choices for your product. These include different plastics, and different types of metals, etc. Our team can help you with material specifications and how they may apply to your project.
- The main byproduct of RapidDirect’s CNC is amazing, unparalleled accuracy, and precision.
- Rapid Direct uses CNC to reduce production time by utilizing the power of non-stop relentless machining. Your product is produced with great speed.
- Your medium to high volume production order, at RapidDirect can be completed in a very short amount of time.
- RapidDirect’s CNC approach results in a consistent, quality product, in any quantity, It will be made to your exact specifications and tolerance levels. What this means for you is that your 10th piece will look as good, and be exactly the same as the 500th piece.
Specify your requirement, upload your drawings and CAD files, to get your custom quote in 2 hours.
CNC Machining Design Guide
A comprehensive guide to help you achieve the best results for your CNC machined products and components.Read Now