Injection Molding Services
RapidDirect is your reliable partner for plastic molding services in China. Our custom injection molding manufacturing abilities include machines with clamping forces from 28 to 1,000 tons as well as high speed, allowing us to produce nearly any plastic part including micro parts, thin-walled parts down to 0.3mm, and large components up to 1 meter. We have worked with many types of resins, from typical commodity grade plastics, to engineering, functional, and structural grade.
Injection Molding Advantages
- Injection molded products are detailed and precise
- Highly automated production process
- Cost and time efficient for large production volumes
- Broad range of material options
- Minimal material waste as scrap can be recycled
RapidDirect Injection Molding Process
- Thermoplastic Injection Molding: RapidDirect enables the design and production of tools, dies and molds for rapid tooling, prototyping and mass production.
- Mold Making: Rapidly transform 3D models into high quality molds for injection molding. We offer a range of mold making processes suitable for prototyping and large production runs.
- Overmolding: Produce high-quality, multi-material parts by injecting a thermoplastic elastomer or silicone rubber material directly onto a rigid plastic substrate.
- Insert Molding: A metal preformed part is loaded into a mold and subsequently overmolded with plastic to produce the final part.
Rigid plastics offer a range of sought after properties, including good impact strength, rigidity, thermal resistance, chemical resistance, dimensionality and color stability. The combination of strength, ductility and heat resistance make rigid plastics suitable for a range of industrial injection molding applications.
- Acetal POM
- Nylon 6
- Nylon 6/6
Flexible plastics are also broadly used in injection molding for applications that require elasticity. The fast curing materials are used in the manufacturing, military and art sectors, to name but a few.
Rubber plastics are well suited for injection molding because they can easily be brought to molten state and poured into molds. When solidified, they do not require any release agents to be removed from the molds. Rubber plastics demonstrate flexibility, high temperature resistance for post-cure processes and cost-efficiency.
Injection Molding is perfect for rapid prototyping, especially when you have to validate and test a concept part. Rapid prototyping comes with an additional tooling charge which is an industry wide standard and our team will work closely with your team to determine the best process for the product you need to make.
Injection molding is most broadly used for end-use production, as it is capable of producing high-quality parts and products at a mass scale. At RapidDirect, we leverage state-of-the-art injection molding technology to produce components that are durable, end-use ready and meet all of our customers’ specific requirements.
A grade finishes are made using a diamond buffing process and yield shiny and glossy surfaces.
B grade finishes use grit sandpaper to produce parts with a slightly rougher finish than grade A parts. Products that undergo B grade finishing have a matte surface texture.
C grade finishes use grit sanding stones to produce a rough, uneven surface. Products that undergo C grade finishing have a matte surface texture.
D grade finishes use grit and dry glass beads or oxide to produce a very rough textured finish. Depending on the type of material used, products can have a satin or dull finish.